Kiwami means "ultimate" or "extreme". As such, the Kiwami matcha is of the highest grade. It comes from single-cultivar tea leaves, ground from hand-picked leaves of the renowned Okumidori cultivar in Shizuoka, Japan. The Kiwami matcha has a balanced umami flavor, with tasting notes of floral, honey, and cream.
Use a bamboo whisk to vigorously blend matcha with water and/or a splash of milk (I prefer unsweetened, organic almond milk)
Recommended preparation: Matcha Americano
- Warm 8oz of spring water to 180 degrees
- Sift a 1/2 tsp over 1.5oz warm water in a mug or bowl and whisk briskly
- Pour remaining water into matcha concentrate and enjoy.
- Grab your favorite shaker, travel tumbler or mason jar + lid
- Scoop a heaping 1/2 tsp matcha into the shaker
- Add water and ice
- Shake vigorously and enjoy.